Gård provides a way for more individuals to own farmland and have it managed as part of a large modern farm. Individuals benefit from:
- Security – Gård Farm Fields are individually owned, providing individuals with the security of land ownership.
- Appreciation – Individual Field Owners gain from appreciation on their land.
- Cash Flow – Farmland produces a crop each year. Field Owners get cash flow from rents, or participation in Gård Farming.
- Diversification – Farmland values are not correlated to stocks and bonds markets.
Who might own Fields within Gård farms:
- A retiring farmer who is selling his land, yet would like to keep some of his capital deployed in farmland and farming, and do a 1031 Exchange.
- Four siblings who inherit a farm. Some want to sell out, some want to keep their money invested in land.
- A working professional in Minneapolis who believe in agriculture and would like to be involved in farming.
- A family in Munich, who would like the diversity and security of owning farmland in the USA. And the confidence that it is professionally managed as part of a modern farm.
- A retired couple living in Florida who would like to own a multigenerational asset that would provide for their grandchildren’s college education.
Field Sizes and Costs:
Fields typically range between 40 and 160 acres in size. Depending on the soil type and location, a 40 acre field would cost around $250,000 US dollars.
Call or email us for more information.